The new Thatcham TQA accredited Datatag scooter tagging kit, with all new “Stealth UV” reactive etching, is the most sophisticated identification technology on the market today. Suitable for all types of streetbike and scooters. It is the best way to prevent your motorcycle being stolen in the first place if Datatag is fitted when you buy the machine. Datatag's multi-layered electronic identification and anti-theft system enables the Police to identify the true owner of any Datatagged motorcycle, even if the number plate and standard identification numbers have been removed or changed. The 100% conviction rate since 1992 will pursuade theives to leave your bike alone.
This state of the art technology is now virtually invisible to the naked eye. In addition to this the all new kit continues with further layers of security to include the new Datatag Datadots with forensic chemical DNA called Datatag DNA, an invisible solution within the adhesive of the Datadots - any would be criminal now faces the daunting task of having to remove every last molecule of Datatag DNA to be completely confident that the motorcycle or parts can not be traced back to the true registered keeper.
Each tag carries a unique code, details of which are stored on Datatags 24/7 Home Office and ACPO Police secure and accredited database. The Datatag system also complies with several other quality accreditations including ISO and LPS (Loss Protection Standards).
With a 100% success rate since 1992 in identifying stolen property and helping to gain a prosecution along with approval by Thatcham under their strict new TQA scheme means that protecting your machine with Datatag acts as one of the most powerful deterrents to thieves. The Datatag Motorcycle Tagging Kit features:
- Easy to fit
- No annual or other charges
- Registration can be changed to the new owner, if you sell your bike, on payment of a small fee
- No batteries, transponders will not wear out for many decades
- Cannot be wiped or scrambled
- Details held in a secure system accessible by the Poice 24 hours a day
- NEW “Stealth” UV reactive etching - try removing that!
- NEW Datatag DNA – forensic chemical DNA Solution
- Approved under Thatchams strict new TQA scheme
- Approved by the Home Office and ACPO
- Datatag unique coding (all tags guaranteed to have a different code)
- 100% success rate since 1992 in identifying stolen property and helping to gain a prosecution
- New discreet domed resin badge in keeping with todays motorcycles – acts as a visual deterrent
- Suitable for all motorcycles and scooters
- No etching of parts required
How Datatag Works
Datatag motorcycle identification systems have now been in use since April 1992 and there are currently over 500,000 motorcycles protected by Datatag in the UK. The theft rate on these tagged machines is less than a 10th of the rate before Datatag was developed and because of the large number of tagged machines now around the whole theft picture for bikes has changed for the better.
Datatag is the ultimate electronic marking system designed to make your property easily identifiable to Police and very difficult for a thief to steal.
Based around electronic transponders (miniature transmitters about the size of an aspirin) that can be read by special scanners issued to Police throughout the UK. The transponder's unique code, a description of the property it is fitted to and the owner's details are logged on the Datatag mainframe computer. This data is available to Police day or night through our private videotext access system. The transponders provide an electronic “finger print” to key components the kit also uses chemical etching and includes approximately 1000 Datadots® for minor components.
Datatag has a fantastic success rate, and criminals are well aware that the CPS has never lost a court case in which Datatag has been used in evidence. As soon as thieves see the Datatag warning decals on your motorcycle they will usually leave it well alone and go looking for an easier target.